Jordan Anderson Racing NASCAR Gander RV and Outdoors Trucks Race Report – Talladega Superspeedway; October 3, 2020
Track: Talladega Superspeedway
Race: Chevrolet Silverado 250
Date: October 3, 2020
No. 3 Bommarito.com / Rusty’s Off-Road Products/ Albireo Energy Chevrolet Silverado – Jordan Anderson
Stage 1: 18
Stage 2: 19
Laps Completed: 94
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
- Anderson started the Chevrolet Silverado 250 in the 26 th spot after the competition-based performance metrics system once again determined the starting lineup. The system is calculated by the fastest lap and finishing position from the previous race, along with ranking in owner points standings.
- When the first caution flew on Lap 14 for a crash involving multiple trucks, Anderson was running in the 17th position, and would remain on the racetrack.
- Anderson would finish the stage in the 18th position.
Stage Two Recap:
- At the stage break, Anderson would pit for fuel and a wedge adjustment, and would rejoin the field in the 20th position.
- The second stage would finish under the second caution with Anderson being scored in the 19th position.
- During the stage caution, Anderson would come to pit road. The over-the-wall crew would perform a four-tire and fuel stop. Anderson would restart the third stage in the 25th position.
- With the fourth caution falling on Lap 47, Anderson was scored in the 13th position, and would remain on the racetrack.
- On Lap 66, Anderson was called to pit road under green-flag conditions for a fuel-only stop.
- At the fifth and final caution on Lap 90, Anderson was scored in the 9th position and was told to stay out with only a few laps remaining.
- As the field began wrecking down the backstretch, Anderson was running in the sixth position and avoid the trucks crashing into each other to his outside. As the caution would come out for the accident the field would be frozen, and the race deemed complete. The No. 3 Bommarito.com/ Rusty’s Off-Road Products/ Albireo Energy truck of Jordan Anderson would be credited with the sixth finishing position.
“To say we really needed that finish would be an understatement.” said Anderson on his team’s 6th place at Talladega.
“With only 4 races left in 2020 season, the momentum of that finish is going to be huge for Jordan Anderson Racing the remainder of the season. Our crew chief Arthur Haire had some great strategy that we stuck to all day, not only did that keep us out of trouble and our nose clean, but it put us in a great position to go for the win at the end. These restrictor plate races are all about keeping a balance of speed, patience, and timing to be there at the end. Between Daytona and Talladega our Superspeedway program has really improved.”
“This was also a huge weekend for a couple of our loyal team partners. We had Bommarito Automotive Group riding with us on the side, longtime partner Rusty’s Off-Road Products on the hood, and Albireo Energy on the rear bumper. There are so many amazing people and companies that believe in what our team is trying to accomplish by growing each year. To bring home a finish like we did is for each and every one of them. It is always amazing to look back and see what God can teach you throughout the challenges of each season, and 2020 has no doubt been a year of learning perseverance, and the value in never giving up no matter what the battle is. I am really looking forward to Kansas we have some great notes from our race there earlier this year so I am feeling confident we can take what was learned, and keep moving forward there in two weeks.”
Gander Outdoors & RV Trucks Championship Standings:
After 19 events, Anderson sits 19th in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series point standings.
Anderson will be back behind the wheel of the No. 3 Bommarito.com Chevrolet Silverado when the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series resumes action on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020, at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City. Live coverage of the Clean Harbors 200 will be on FOX, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM at 4 p.m. ET.
About Bommarito Automotive Group
Celebrating almost 50 years in the St. Louis marketplace, the Bommarito Automotive Group currently operates 20 automotive franchises throughout every St. Louis neighborhood led by president John Bommarito and the over 900 dedicated team members. Bommarito is recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as Missouri’s No. 1 selling automotive group and is currently ranked 52nd in the nation. What once started as a vision to have one Bommarito vehicle in every driveway, is today a reality thanks to the ‘Where Price Sells Cars” mission.
For more information on the Bommarito Automotive Group, visit them online at Bommarito.com, and follow their social channels at Facebook.com/ BommaritoAuto, Twitter @BommaritoAuto, and on Instagram @BommaritoAuto
About Rusty’s Off-Road Products
Family owned and operated, Rusty’s Off-Road is a leader in the 4X4 industry with our innovative line of Jeep specific products. With our in house manufacturing we are able to control cost and sell retail at wholesale cost without sacrificing quality. Rusty’s has grown from a small business serving a regional market to a worldwide company. We have grown from a small 2 bay shop to an ever growing 65,000 square foot building.
For more information on Rusty’s Off-Road Products, visit them online at Rustysoffroad.com, and follow their social channels at Facebook.com/RustysOffRoad, Twitter @RustysOffRoad, and on Instagram @RustysOffRoad.
About Albireo Energy
Albireo Energy provides building automation, Electrical Power Monitoring Systems, and energy services to commercial and institutional buildings nationally. Our wide array of capabilities help building owners and managers improve energy efficiency, optimize safety and reliable up time, and reduce operational costs while improving comfort.