Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 27 NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report –Charlotte Motor Speedway; October 7, 2023
Track: Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval– Roval (2.28 miles)
Race: : Drive for the Cure 250
Date: October 7, 2023
Format; 67 Laps –20/20/27; 155.44 Miles
No. 27 Fly Alliance/ Puryear Tank Lines Chevrolet Camaro SS – Jeb Burton
Stage 1: 9
Stage 2: 30
Laps Completed: 66 of 67 (-1 Lap)
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 19
- Lap 1; 17
- Lap 2; 18
- Lap 3; 18
- Lap 4; 18
- Lap 5; 18
- Lap 6; 18
- Lap 7; 18
- Lap 8; 18
- Lap 9; 17; Burton gets around No. 07
- Lap 10; 16; No. 10 applied a penalty for missing chicane
- Lap 11; 16
- Lap 12; 16
- Lap 13; 15; No. 24 drops a position to Burton
- Lap 14; 15
- Lap 15; 15
- Lap 16; 15
- Lap 17; 13; Green flag pit stops begin
- Lap 18; 9
- Lap 19; 8; Burton gets around the No. 1 to advance another spot
- Lap 20; 9; Stage 1 Finish
Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 21; Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 22; Penalty; No. 27 speeding on Pit Road Burton would have to go to the tail end of the field
- Lap 24; 36; Restart
- Lap 25; 33; On the restart Burton drives around the No. 28, No. 53, & No. 35
- Lap 26; 30; Continuing to move forward Burton moves past No. 44, No. 31, & No. 43
- Lap 27; 30
- Lap 28; 30
- Lap 29; 29; Burton gets around No. 6 for another position
- Lap 30; 28; Advancing another spot Burton moves around No. 44
- Lap 31; 27; No. 45 loses a position to a charging Burton
- Lap 32; 25; Burton picks up two more spots driving around the No. 92 & No. 51
- Lap 33; 24; No. 02 drops the position to Burton
- Lap 34; 23; Burton gets around No. 78 for the spot
- Lap 35; 23
- Lap 36; Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 37; 34
- Lap 38; 30; Caution
- Lap 40; 30; Stage 2 Finish; Under Caution
Final Stage Recap:
- Lap 43; 11; Restart
- Lap 44; 12; Burton falls back a position to No. 48
- Lap 45; 13; No. 10 works his way around Burton to take away the position
- Lap 46; 13
- Lap 47; 13
- Lap 48; 13
- Lap 49; 13
- Lap 50; 13
- Lap 51; 13
- Lap 52; 12; Burton advances around the No. 19
- Lap 53; 12
- Lap 54; 12
- Lap 55; 12
- Lap 56; 12; Caution; Debris
- Lap 60; 1; Restart; Crew Chief Shane Whitbeck decides to stay out on track with old tires as the rest of the leaders come to pit road tossing a hail mary into the opportunity to advance to the next round.
- Lap 61; 1; Caution; No. 27 leads the field to green with the No. 7 to the outside. No. 27 and No. 7 make contact and wreck in Turn-1.
- Lap 62; Pit Stop; Tires & repair damage to right side
- Lap 63; 35 (-1 Lap); Restart
- Lap 64; 35 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 65; 34 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 66; 34 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 67; 34 (-1 Lap); Race Finish
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– Needing a win to advance to the Round of 8 in the Xfinity Series playoffs, #1-Sam Mayer dominated at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval en route to his third win of the season. It’s his third career win; all have come on road courses.
– #00-Cole Custer finished runner-up, just under one second behind. #8-Josh Berry placed third, but was eliminated from the playoffs. #98-Riley Herbst and #26-Kaz Grala rounded out the top five.
– #48-Parker Kligerman and #11-Daniel Hemric finished sixth and seventh, but were also eliminated from the postseason. #20-John Hunter Nemechek scored a playoff point for winning Stage 2 and finished eighth. #21-Austin Hill and #2-Sheldon Creed completed the top 10.
– #27-Jeb Burton was also eliminated from the playoffs.
– #7-Justin Allgaier won the opening stage, but was involved in a late-race wreck and finished 37th.
– There were 10 lead changes among five drivers and four cautions for 12 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 77.387 mph.
– Fly Alliance; Fly Alliance specializes in private jet charter, Jet Card Membership and aircraft sales/management. Setting a new standard when it comes to private jet travel, the difference is in the employees. With a combined experience including hundreds of thousands of flight hours dispatched, thousands of Jet Card members serviced and hundreds of aircraft transactions, Fly Alliance has a solution for each one of its customers. The mission of Fly Alliance is to provide its customers with safe, high-quality services, on each and every flight from take-off to landing. Learn more about the services Fly Alliance has to offer at FlyAlliance.com
– Puryear Tank Lines; Puryear Tank Lines is a family-owned and operated business that dates back 3 generations. Specializing in bulk tank delivery of LPG, butane, liquid asphalt and bulk cement. At Puryear they make it their mission to treat both our clients and employees with respect and provide customers with the service they deserve. Puryear Tank Lines promises to provide high-quality transportation services in a safe and efficient way. Visit Puyear Tank Lines online at PuryearTankLines.com
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After finishing 34st in Saturday’s Drive for the Cure 250, Burton falls two positions to 12th in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Playoff Point Standings after the third and final Playoff event in the first round. The No. 27 is now eliminated from NXS Championship contention.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the 29th event of the 2023 season, the No. 27 remains falls two positions to 12th in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Burton’s 34th place finish on Saturday.
Jeb Burton and the No. 27 will move west next week to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the Alsco Uniforms 302; Saturday, October 14 at 3:30 PM PT (6:30 PM ET).