Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 27 NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Circuit of the Americas; March 25, 2023
Track: Circuit of the Americas (COTA)– Road Course (3.426-Miles)
Race: Pit Boss 250
Date: Saturday; March 25, 2023
Format; 46 Laps –14/16/16; 156.86 Miles
No. 27 State Water Heaters / HeartBeat Hot Sauce Co. Chevrolet Camaro SS – Jeb Burton
Stage 1: 15
Stage 2: 10
Laps Completed: 46 of 46
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 21
- Lap 1; 11
- Lap 2; 11
- Lap 3; 11
- Lap 4; 11
- Lap 5; 11
- Lap 6; 12
- Lap 7; 12
- Lap 8; 12; Caution; No. 07 stops at top of the hill in Turn-1
- Lap 8; Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 9; 20; Restart
- Lap 10; 19
- Lap 11; 19
- Lap 12; 18
- Lap 13; 18
- Lap 14; 15; End of Stage 1; No Caution Flag
Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 15; 13; Leaders begin green flag pit stops
- Lap 16; 11
- Lap 17; 11; Caution; No. 50 off track in Turn-1 and stops
- Lap 20; 10; Restart
- Lap 21; 10; Caution; No. 10 into No. 08 and stops on track, while No. 8 gets into No. 9. No. 9 has a tire come apart will trying to make it back to pit road. Showers the track in debris.
- Lap 22: 10; Restart
- Lap 23; 10
- Lap 24; 10
- Lap 25; 11
- Lap 26; 11
- Lap 27; Green Flag Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 28; 31; Caution; No. 25 stops on track on the exit of Turn-1
- Lap 29; 4; Restart
- Lap 30; 10; Caution; No. 00 stuck in sand trap
- Lap 30; 10; End of Stage 2
Final Stage Recap:
- Lap 33; 10; Restart
- Lap 34; 10; No. 2 spun around from the lead
- Lap 35; 9
- Lap 36; 10; Burton drops a spot to No. 11
- Lap 37; 9; No. 08 spins running in 7th
- Lap 38; 9
- Lap 39; 9
- Lap 40; 10; No. 1 shuffles Burton back a position
- Lap 41; 10
- Lap 42; 11; No. 2 passes Burton to move into the Top-10
- Lap 43; 11; No. 20 spins and is hit by No. 11
- Lap 44; 11
- Lap 45; 11
- Lap 46; 21; Race Finish; Burton crashes in the final turn after contact with No. 9
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– Even though he had to overcome a mid-race mishap on a restart, #10-AJ Allmendinger dominated the Xfinity Series race at the Circuit of The Americas. It’s his second consecutive win at COTA and his 11th career win on a road course.
– #17-William Byron finished second, just under one second behind Allmendinger. #19-Ty Gibbs placed third, with #18-Sammy Smith and #7-Justin Allgaier rounding out the top five.
– #11-Daniel Hemric, #1-Sam Mayer, #8-Josh Berry, #2-Sheldon Creed and #98-Riley Herbst complete the top 10.
– #10-Allmendinger and #2-Creed were the two stage winners; it was the first stage win of Creed’s career.
– #18-Smith, #7-Allgaier, #11-Hemric and #1-Mayer are the four drivers that will compete for the $100,000 Dash 4 Cash bonus at Richmond Raceway.
– There were six lead changes among four drivers and five cautions for seven yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 75.263 mph.
– State Water Heaters; State Water Heaters is a leading manufacturer of commercial and residential water heaters. For more than 60 years, State Water Heaters has built dependable, long-lasting water heaters for commercial and residential applications. State remains fixed on manufacturing durable products that last longer. For more information, visitStateWaterHeaters.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram..
– HeartBeat Hot Sauce Co.; Founded in 2015. A hobby of making hot sauce for ourselves at home quickly ignited into a full-fledged production company after word of mouth spread throughout our home town of Thunder Bay and beyond. All of our sauces are made with maximum flavor and balance in mind. Each sauce is bright, bold, healthy, and deliciously unique. We ferment our peppers using traditional methods before we cook them with a few simple, high-quality ingredients. We add no water, thickening agents or chemical preservatives of any kind making our sauce as natural as it gets. All of our recipes are proudly developed, cooked, bottled, packaged, and distributed from our dedicated facility in the South Core of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. Our goal is to get Heartbeat Hot Sauce in to as many hands as possible, while maintaining our small batch process. See all of our HeatBeat Hot Sauce products online at HeartBeatHotSauce.com
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After being credited with the 21st position during Saturday’s Pit Boss 250 at Circuit of the Americas, Burton drops one position to 17th in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Driver Point Standings after six races.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the sixth event of the 2023 season, the No. 27 team drops one spot to 19th in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Burton’s 21st place finish on Saturday.
Jeb Burton and the Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 27 team will next travel to Richmond, Virginia to the Richmond Raceway for this week’s Toyota Care 250; Sat., April 1 at 1:00 PM ET.