Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course; July 30, 2022
Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Road Course (2.439-Miles)
Race: Pennzoil 150
Date: Saturday; July 30, 2022
Format; 62 Laps –20/20/22; 151.22 Miles
No. 31 Louisiana Hot SauceChevrolet Camaro SS – Myatt Snider
Stage 1: 2
Stage 2: 31
Laps Completed: 61 of 62 (-1 Lap)
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 25
- Lap 1: 24; No. 27 would head to pit road on the parade lap shuffling the field ahead a position
- Lap 2: 24
- Lap 3: 22; No. 02 would head to pit road for a flat spotted tire, while Snider would work his way around the No. 68 for position
- Lap 4: 21; Snider gains another position by moving around No. 51
- Lap 5: 20; No. 36 off track in Turn-1, Snider drives around safely
- Lap 6: 21; No. 31 would drop back a position to No. 07
- Lap 7: 21
- Lap 8: 21
- Lap 9: 21
- Lap 10: 20; No. 18 heads to pit road with overheating issues, Snider moves ahead another position in the running order
- Lap 11: 21; Snider loses a spot to the No. 48
- Lap 12: 21
- Lap 13: 21
- Lap 14: 21; Caution; No. 35 and No. 44 crash entering Turn-7 both cars obtain heavy damage
- Lap 18: 2; Restart; No. 31 & No. 9 only two cars remain on track
- Lap 19: 2
- Lap 20: Stage 1 Finish: 2
Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 22: Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 24: 28; Restart; No. 54 spins in Turn-1 after contact with No. 8. No. 98 receives damage, but then spins after contact with No. 8 in Turn-9
- Lap 25: 20
- Lap 26: 18; Snider moves around the No. 26 & No. 02 for track position
- Lap 27: 18; Caution for debris in Turn-1
- Lap 28: 15; Restart; No. 9 to pit road as field goes green
- Lap 29: 13
- Lap 30: 13
- Lap 31: 12; Snider moves around No. 08 for position
- Lap 32: 13; No. 36 over takes the position from Snider
- Lap 33: 16; No. 31 would begin to lose positions after obtaining left-front damage
- Lap 34: 34; Snider comes to pit road for a green flag pit stop to repair left-front damage along with four tires, and fuel
- Lap 35: 34; Green flag pit stops continue
- Lap 36: 34;
- Lap 37: 33
- Lap 38: 32
- Lap 39: 31
- Lap 40: Stage 2 Finish: 31
Final Stage Recap:
- Lap 42: Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, repair left front damage
- Lap 44: 33; Restart
- Lap 45: 28; No. 88 spins in Turn-12
- Lap 46: 24; No. 2 spins in Turn-13 after connact with No. 92, Snider moves around the No. 91 & No. 51
- Lap 47: 23; Louisiana Hot Sauce Chevrolet moves around No. 39 for position
- Lap 48: 23
- Lap 49: 23
- Lap 50: 22; Snider moves ahead a spot by moving around the No. 68
- Lap 51: 24
- Lap 52: 24
- Lap 53: 24
- Lap 54: 25; Snider loses ground to the No. 4 car
- Lap 55: 26; No. 2 moves around Snider in the running order
- Lap 56: 25; Snider moves around the No. 48 to move to 25th
- Lap 57: 26; No. 88 works his way around Snider to overtake the position
- Lap 58: 26
- Lap 59: 27; Snider loses a spot to the No. 08
- Lap 60: 28; With a tire going down Snider loses another position to the No. 39
- Lap 61: 33; Flat Tire pit under green
- Lap 62: Race Finish: 33 (-1 Lap)
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– In dominating fashion, #16-AJ Allmendinger won the Xfinity Series race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course. The win is Allmendinger’s third win of the season, all coming on road courses. On Saturday, he led 42 of 62 laps.
– In his first series start since 2018, #17-Alex Bowman finished runner-up. It’s his seventh career top-five finish in 54 starts. #7-Justin Allgaier passed for third on the final lap, with #92-Ross Chastain and #07-Chase Briscoe rounding out the top five.
– #98-Riley Herbst rebounded from an early spin to finish sixth. #1-Sam Mayer, #54-Ty Gibbs, #21-Austin Hill and #9-Noah Gragson made up the top 10.
– #9-Gragson won the opening stage, his series-high eighth stage win of the season. #8-Berry picked up his sixth stage win of 2022, winning the second stage.
– There were eight lead changes among six drivers and four cautions for 11 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 77.825 mph.
– The Original Louisiana Hot Sauce; With a 90-year history of great taste and quality, the The Original Louisiana Hot Sauce family of sauces continue to use the time-honored techniques of Louisiana style cooking, produced from simple ingredients, including carefully selected and hand-picked, authentic sun-ripened peppers. For more information on all the products offered by the The Original Louisiana Hot Sauce visit LousianaHotSauce.com and Like/Follow on Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.
– Tax Slayer: TaxSlayer is an easy-to-use online tax filing platform with unlimited support at a fraction of the cost of the competition. Trusted for over 50 years, the Augusta-based tech company successfully completed more than 10 million federal and state e-filed tax returns in 2021 and processed $15 billion in refunds. With over 15,000 reviews on consumer review site Trustpilot, 85% of customers rate TaxSlayer Great or Excellent. On top of ensuring 100% accuracy, TaxSlayer has a maximum refund guarantee and is committed to providing the right tools at the right price. For more information, visit Taxslayer.com.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
With a 33rd place finish in the Pennzoil 150 on Saturday on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, Myatt Snider falls one position to 19th in the NXS Driver Point Standings thru 20 events.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the Pennzoil 150 on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, JAR drops two positions to 22nd in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Snider’s 33rd place finish on Saturday afternoon.
Myatt Snider and the Jordan Anderson Racing Boammarito Autosport No. 31 will head north to the Irish Hills of Central Michigan for the Pennzoil 150 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, August 6.