Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 27 NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Chicago Street Circuit; July 1, 2023
Track: Chicago Street Circuit– Street Circuit (2.20-Miles)
Race: The Loop 121
Date: Saturday, July 1, 2023
Format; 55 Laps –15/15/25; 121 Miles
No. 27 Bommarito.com/EasyCare Chevrolet Camaro SS –Jeb Burton
Stage 1: 20
Laps Completed: 25 of 55 (Race deemed complete after Lap 25 due to weather)
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 31
- Lap 1; 23
- Lap 2; 23
- Lap 3; 22
- Lap 4; 21; Caution; No. 10 loses an engine while running 10th
- Lap 9; 20; Restart
- Lap 10; 20
- Lap 11; 20
- Lap 12; 20; Retzlaff drops two positions to No. 27 & No. 2
- Lap 13; 20
- Lap 14; 20
- Lap 15; 20; Stage 1 Finish
Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 16; 20
- Lap 17; 19; Caution; No. 34 hard into the tire barrier in Turn-1 running 20th.
- Lap 19; Pit Stop; four tires, fuel, & adjustment; 17 cars pit
- Lap 21; 21; Restart
- Lap 22; 20
- Lap 23; 21; Burton loses a position to No. 1
- Lap 24; 20; Caution; Lightning in the area
- Lap 25; 19; Race Finish; Due to lightning in the area, The Loop 121 will resume tomorrow morning, July 2nd, at 10am CST/11am EST, with 30 laps to go. Race Called at around 12:30 Local on Sunday due to Flooding Conditions with Cole Custer declared the winner.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– Due to standing water flooding a portion of the Chicago Street Course, #00-Cole Custer was declared the winner of the Xfinity Series race a few laps shy of the minimum distance of the race was reached. The race made it 25 laps on Saturday before it was postponed due to lightning. #00-Custer led all 25 laps from the pole and is awarded seven playoff points for sweeping the stages.
#20-John Hunter Nemechek is credited with second place, which is where he ran the whole race.
– #7-Justin Allgaier finishes third, with #25-Brett Moffitt scoring his first top-five finish of the season in fourth and #21-Austin Hill rounded out the top five.
– #18-Sammy Smith finished sixth, as #11-Daniel Hemric, #16-Chandler Smith, #48-Parker Kligerman and #26-Kaz Grala completed the top 10.
– There were no lead changes among one drivers and three cautions for nine yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 52.660 mph.
– Bommarito Automotive Group; A primary supporter of Jordan Anderson Racing, Bommarito Automotive Group is celebrating over 50 years in the St. Louis marketplace, the Bommarito Automotive Group currently operates 20 automotive franchises throughout every St. Louis neighborhood led by president John Bommarito and the over 900 dedicated team members. Bommarito is recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as Missouri’s No. 1 selling automotive group and is currently ranked 52nd in the nation. What once started as a vision to have one Bommarito vehicle in every driveway, is today a reality thanks to the ‘Where Price Sells Cars” mission.
– EasyCare/ APCO Holdings; Since 1984, EasyCare has been helping some of the most successful dealerships in the nation drive results in their stores with a full suite of F&I products, forward-thinking training, dealership development, consultative participation programs, and a best-in-class claims experience. EasyCare has the only F&I products named a “MotorTrend Recommended Best Buy” for franchised dealers and has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. EasyCare is part of the APCO Holdings, LLC, a family of brands, which has protected over 11 million customers and paid over $3.5 billion in claims.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After finishing 19th in Sunday’s postponed and then cancelled The Loop 121 at the Chicago Street Circuit, Burton remains 13th in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Driver Point Standings after 16 events.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the 16th event of the 2023 season, the No. 27 team remains in the 15th position in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Burton’s 19th place finish on Sunday.
Jeb Burton and the Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 27 team will next make the trek south to the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Ga. for the second time in 2023 as the Alsco Uniforms 250 with take place; Saturday, July 8 at 8:00 PM ET.