Track: Darlington Raceway – Oval (1.366-Miles)
Race: Shriners Children’s 200; 147 Laps –45/45/57; 200.1 Miles
Date/Broadcast: May 13, 2023 1:30 PM/ET
TV: Fox Sports (Fox), and the FOX Sports App
Parker Retzlaff – No. 31 FUNKAWAY Chevrolet Camaro SS Preview- Darlington Raceway
News and Notes:
– Practice; After NASCAR technical inspection on Friday afternoon, Parker Retzlaff would take to the 1.366-mile Darlington Raceway for the very first time in a scheduled 20-minute practice session. In his first laps around the historic oval Retzlaff would record a fast lap of 30.726 at 160.047 mph on Lap-2 of his 26-lap session putting him 15th of the 41 cars entered for the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Shriners Children’s 200.
– Starting Position; Immediately after the conclusion of the 20-minute practice session, NXS teams would move into qualifying for the Saturday’s Shriners Children 200. In 2023, Intermediate sized tracks will use a single-lap of qualifying to determine the starting lineup. Rolling off 24rd to record his lap, Retzlaff would log a 30.062 at 163.582 placing the No. 31 Funkaway Chevrolet Camaro SS 8th fast. Retzlaff will start the Shriners Children’s 200 outside Row 4 in the 8th position on Saturday.
– Darlington Raceway Stats; Saturday’s Shriners Children’s 200 will mark Retzlaff’s debut at the tricky South Carolina 1.366-mile oval.
– FUNKAWAY; Headquartered in Waukegan, Illinois, FunkAway is a line of odor elimination products that removes the horrible effects of bad smells. Guaranteed to work on clothing, shoes, gear, pet products, car interiors and more, FunkAway allows customers to renew and refresh, rather than throw away. To learn more about FunkAway, visit Funkaway.com and connect on Instagram and Facebook. #FUNKINFAST31
Jeb Burton – No. 27 Capital City Towing Chevrolet Camaro SS Preview- Darlington Raceway
News and Notes:
– Practice; After NASCAR technical inspection on Friday afternoon, Jeb Burton would take to the historic Darlington Raceway for a scheduled 20-minute practice session. Burton would record a fast lap of 31.001 at 158.627 mph on Lap-1 of his 20-lap session putting the Virginia driver 22nd of the 41 cars entered for the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Shriners Children’s 200.
– Starting Position; After the conclusion of the 20-minute practice session, the No. 27 team would move into qualifying for the Saturday’sShriners Children 200. In 2023, Intermediate sized tracks will use a single-lap of qualifying to determine the starting lineup. Scheduled to record his qualifying lap 24rd, Burton would log a lap of 30.214 at 162.759 placing the No. 27 Capital City Towing Chevrolet Camaro SS 15th fast. Burton will lineup inside Row 8 in the 15th position for the Shriners Children’s 200.
– Darlington Raceway Stats; Saturday afternoons NXS Shriners Children’s 200 will mark Burton’s fifth NXS start at Darlington Raceway. In four previous starts, Burton holds an average finish of 15.8 with a 100% lap completion rate completing 594 laps of the possible 594. Burton has one Top-5 finish to his credit with a fifth-place finish coming in 2021after starting 5th and remaining there. Burton has three Top-20 finishes in his four starts.
– Capital City Towing; Family owned and operated, Capital City Towing has been providing service to Columbia, South Carolina and the surrounding areas for years. With the owner’s professional business experience and knowledge that excels in the towing and equipment hauling industry allows Capital City to offer the best solutions to any problem. Offering heavy-duty towing, recovery, equipment hauling and much more at reasonable prices. The team at Capital City is dedicated to a quick response time, because they know how stressful situations can be when accidents or breakdowns happen. Capital City offers towing, equipment hauling and garage is fully equipped with a fleet of light, medium and heavy-duty trucks. Our employees are experienced professionals and certified to meet all your towing, recovery, hauling or service maintenance needs. Additional information on Capital City Towing can be found at CaptialCityTowingSC.comor reached 24/7 at 803-786-9994.
About Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport
Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport is a NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team, owned by owner/driver Jordan Anderson and Bommarito Automotive Group President, John Bommarito. Established in 2017 the organization is fueled by an incredible, close-knit team of employees, fans, and sponsors with a focus on integrity in the pursuit of excellence. Our goal is to embrace the journey we’re on and to never give up – whether on the track, in the pits, or in life. Every single team partner, and fan of ours, is what keeps our race cars running strong and our team performing at the highest level.