Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Watkins Glen International; August 20, 2022
Track: Watkins Glen International– Road Course (2.450-Miles) Short Circuit Inter Loop Chicane
Race: Sunoco Go Rewards 200
Date: Saturday; August 20, 2022
Format; 82 Laps –20/20/42; 200.9 Miles
No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet Camaro SS – Myatt Snider
Stage 1: 21
Stage 2: 32
Laps Completed: 50 of 82 (-32 Lap)
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 29
- Lap 1: 23; Three cars with starting positions ahead of Myatt Snider would start at the rear for unapproved adjustments
- Lap 2: 23
- Lap 3: 25; Snider would lose position to the hard charging No. 88 & No. 7
- Lap 4: 25
- Lap 5: 25; Caution; No. 7 spins out in the esses and makes contact with the outside wall
- Lap 8: 24; Restart
- Lap 9: 35; No. 27 loses brakes in the bus stop and makes contact with Snider spinning him out in the grass losing multiple positions in the process
- Lap 10: 34; No. 21 goes to the garage with a broken axle running in the Top-10
- Lap 11: 33; Snider works his way around the No. 4 for position
- Lap 12: 33
- Lap 13: 32; Snider navigates the No. 31 around the No. 35
- Lap 14: 32
- Lap 15: 30; Caution; No. 38 comes to a stop on track
- Lap 18: 10; Restart; Snider stays out on track for position rest of field pits
- Lap 19: 9
- Lap 20: Stage 1 Finish: 21; Running in the ninth position Snider spins in Turn-7 heavily damaging the rear end of the car and the left front
- Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 20: Pit Stop; No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Pit Crew would go to work fixing the rear bumper and deck lid with bearbond and would go to work cutting away the left front from the wheel opening, four new tires & fuel.
- Lap 23: Snider would be applied a slew of penalties required to go to the tail end of the field for pitting before pit road is open, speeding on pit road, and for driving thru more than three pit boxes.
- Lap 24: Under the repairable vehicle clock the No. 31 would have too many crew members over the wall in contact with the service area. Snider would be required to come to pit road for a two-lap penalty.
- Lap 25: 34 (-2 Laps)
- Lap 26: 34 (-3 Laps)
- Lap 27: 34 (-3 Laps); Caution; No. 36 stops in bus stop with extensive front end damage
- Lap 28: Snider receives free pass and gets one lap back
- Lap 29: 34 (-2 Laps) Restart
- Lap 30: 33 (-2 Laps)’ No. 36 goes to the garage
- Lap 31: 33; Caution; No. 68 stops on track with a broken drive line
- Lap 32: Snider receives free pass and gets one lap back
- Lap 33: 32 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 34: 32 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 35: 32 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 36: 32 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 37: 32 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 38: 32 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 39: 32 (-1 Lap)
- Lap 40: Stage 2 Finish: 32 (-1)
- Final Stage Recap:
- Lap 41; Snider receives the wave around for first car one lap down and gets back on the lead lap
- Lap 42; Pit Stop; No. 31 pit crew goes to work fixing fuel connection and add fuel, and four tires
- Lap 43; Pit Stop; Snider’s pit crew goes back to work cutting off remaining rear bumper and creating left front tire clearance
- Lap 44; 32; Restart
- Lap 45; 32
- Lap 46; 32
- Lap 47; 32
- Lap 48; 32
- Lap 49; 32
- Lap 50; 32; Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, left front suspension damage
- Lap 51; 32 (-2 Laps)
- Lap 52; 32 (-2 Laps); Snider take the No. 31 to the garage for repairs
- Lap 53; BTW
- Lap 54; BTW
- Lap 55; BTW
- Lap 56; BTW
- Lap 57; BTW
- Lap 58; BTW
- Lap 59; BTW
- Lap 60; BTW
- Lap 61; BTW
- Lap 62; BTW
- Lap 63; BTW
- Lap 64; Snider returns to the track from the garage after repairs were made to the left front suspension in the process lays oil down on the racetrack and comes to a stop. Wrecker pushes the No. 31 off the racing surface to the garage area.
- Lap 65; OUT
- Lap 66; OUT
- Lap 67; OUT
- Lap 68; OUT
- Lap 69; OUT
- Lap 70; OUT
- Lap 71; OUT
- Lap 72; OUT
- Lap 73; OUT
- Lap 74; OUT
- Lap 75; OUT
- Lap 76; OUT
- Lap 77; OUT
- Lap 78; OUT
- Lap 79; OUT
- Lap 80; OUT
- Lap 81; OUT
- Lap 82; OUT
- Race Finish: 33 (-32 Laps)
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– On a restart with five laps to go in Saturday’s Xfinity Series race at Watkins Glen International, #17-William Byron and #54-Ty Gibbs spun out in the inner loop, allowing #88-Kyle Larson grab the lead. Larson would lead the final four laps of the race en route to his first win since 2018.
– #16-AJ Allmendinger snuck by the spin and earned a second-place finish. #18-Sammy Smith placed third, his first top-five finish in the series. #9-Noah Gragson and #48-Kaz Grala rounded out the top five.
– #1-Sam Mayer finished sixth, with #98-Riley Herbst, #2-Sheldon Creed, #8-Josh Berry and #51-Jeremy Clements filling out the top 10.
– #18-Smith won the opening stage, his first stage win. #17-Byron picked up the stage win in Stage 2.
– There were 15 lead changes among seven drivers and eight cautions for 23 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 77.651 mph.
– Bommarito Automotive Group; A primary supporter of Jordan Anderson Racing, Bommarito Automotive Group is celebrating 50 years in the St. Louis marketplace, the Bommarito Automotive Group currently operates 20 automotive franchises throughout every St. Louis neighborhood led by president John Bommarito and the over 900 dedicated team members. Bommarito is recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as Missouri’s No. 1 selling automotive group and is currently ranked 52nd in the nation. What once started as a vision to have one Bommarito vehicle in every driveway, is today a reality thanks to the ‘Where Price Sells Cars” mission.
Sefton Steel; Since 1985, Sefton Steel, a Houston, Texas-based A.I.S.C certified fabricator, has been committed to providing an error-free product to the industrial, commercial, and governmental construction industries all while continuing to meet or exceed the contract specifications, and the customer’s expectations on each project. From pipe racks to major structures such as platforms, bulk material handling systems and cable trays, Sefton Steel has fabricated and delivered quality structural steel to the petrochemical, refining, power, pulp and paper, and industrial sectors all around the world.
For more information on Sefton Steel, visit them online at SeftonSteel.com.
– Tailored Media; At Tailored Media everything they do; they believe in challenging the status quo. They believe in thinking differently. The way Tailored Media changes the status quo is by combining human element and state of the art technology to construct strategies that are intricately designed, skillfully executed, and simply efficient. Tailored Media just happens to deliver great digital and traditional advertising. Find out more on what Tailored Media has to offer by visiting them online at TailoredMedia.com
– SafeCraft Safety Equipment; Safecraft Safety Equipment is used by most of the top professionals in motorsports, automotive, aviation, marine and other demanding industries. Known for innovative designs SafeCraft’s products are engineered with the highest quality components available. Safecraft is the largest manufacturer of vehicle fire suppression systems in the United States and has been the most trusted name in motorsports for over 20 years. Check out all the safety products Safecraft has to offer at Safecraft.com
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After being recorded in the 33rd position with a DNF on Saturday at Watkins Glen International, Myatt Snider remains in the 18th position in the NXS Driver Point Standings thru 22 events.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the Sunoco Go Rewards 200 at Watkins Glen International, JAR remains in the 23rd position in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Snider’s 33rd place effort on Saturday afternoon.
Myatt Snider and the Jordan Anderson Racing Boammarito Autosport No. 31 will head back to Daytona International Speedway to gain redemption in the WaWa 250; Friday, August 26.