Track: New Hampshire Motor Speedway- Oval (1.058-Mile)
Race: Ambetter Get Vaccinated 200
Date: July 17, 2021
Format: 200 Laps –45/45/110; 211.06 Miles
No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet Camaro SS – Jordan Anderson
Stage 1: 21
Stage 2: 20
Laps Completed: 194 (-6 Laps)
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
– Anderson would line up for the Ambetter Get Vaccinated 200 from the 33rd position after the starting lineup was determined by the competition-based performance metrics system; fastest lap in the previous race 15 percent, driver finish from previous race 25 percent, owner points 25 percent, and driver points 35 percent.
– As the green flag waved Anderson would quickly advance two positions in 31st by Lap-7.
– By Lap-15, the No. 31 would continue to be on the move working its way past the No. 07 and No. 15 up into the 29th position.
– Anderson did not stop there moving past the No. 6 and No. 0 in the next three circuits.
– The first caution of the day would halt the on-track action at Lap-20 for the NASCAR scheduled competition caution.
– Running in the 27th position, Crew Chief Arthur (Artie) Haire would choose to remain on track as other teams would elect to come to pit road for service.
– Restarting in the 21st position, the caution was immediately displayed again on the restart as the No. 98 would get into the back of the No. 02, and a chain reaction will have the No. 19 would get into the back of the No. 98 causing him to spin into the inside wall.
– Remaining on track Anderson would restart from 20th spot on Lap-30.
– As the race would resume the Bommarito Automotive Chevrolet Camaro would continue forward moving past the No. 23 into 19th on Lap-32.
– On Lap-35, the quicker No. 39 would work its ways around Anderson sending him back into the 20th spot.
– Two Laps later Anderson would encounter the slower No. 36 and easily move his way past into the 19th.
– Lap-39 would see the No. 68 and No. 19 with fresher tires move past Anderson shuffling him back into 21st.
– Three laps later on Lap-42, Anderson would advance on the No. 17 and work his way past into 20th.
– Not losing sight the No. 17 would battle back and work its way back past Anderson with just six laps remaining in the stage.
– At the completion of Stage 1 at Lap-45, Anderson would cross the Green and White checkered flag in the 21st position.
Stage Two Recap:
– During the Stage break Anderson would be called to pit lane for a scheduled 4 tire and fuel stop with a small chassis adjustment. Anderson would line up 22nd for the re-start on Lap-52.
– As the race would resume Anderson would get right to work on the opening lap of Stage-2 moving past the No. 23 into the 21st position.
– Continuing to work his way forward Anderson would move past the No. 07 and No. 17 just three laps later.
– Running in the 19th position Anderson would lose the spot to the No. 48 on Lap-63.
– Holding his position, the remaining 27-Laps Anderson would go on to finish Stage-2 in the 20th spot
– Under the stage break, Anderson would come to pit lane for his second stop of the day as the over the wall crew would go to work with four tires, fuel, and a chassis adjustment. Anderson would exit pit road to restart the final stage in the 21st position.
– While still under caution and lining back up for the restart the No. 31 would lose power and come to a rest between turns 1 and 2. Anderson would not be able to get the Bommarito.com Chevrolet refired and would require a push back to the pit lane.
– As Anderson would be pushed back to pit road the road crew would prepare tools to jump over the wall and diagnose the problem.
– Upon further review the No. 31 would have a terminal battery issue.
– After removal of the left rear tire a new battery was installed all while laps continue to click off under caution.
– Upon completion of the battery replacement, Anderson would return to the track on Lap-99 four laps down in the 36th position.
– Lap-115 Anderson would fall another lap down to the lead cars in the 36th position.
– Fighting hard and making quick lap times Anderson would remain in the 36th position and five laps down the next 57-Laps.
– The fifth caution of the day would come out on Lap-150 when the No. 23 would have a flat right front tire and make contact with the wall. Anderson would remain on track in the 36th spot.
– On Lap-172, Anderson would be able to advance another position to 35th moving pass the No. 61.
– Lap-190 would see the No. 31 grab another spot as Anderson would be able to move past the No. 74 in 34th.
– When the final checkered flag flew on Lap-200, Anderson would cross the finish line in the 34th position, six laps down.
Ambetter Get Vaccinated 200 Recap:
– In a dominating performance, #54-Christopher Bell picked up the win in Saturday’s Xfinity Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Bell led 151 laps, and has now cruised to victory in all three of his Xfinity starts at the track. The win is his 17th of his career, and first in as many starts this season.
– #7-Justin Allgaier finished second, earning his third runner-up finish in the last six races. #18-Daniel Hemric placed third, with #22-Austin Cindric and #20-Harrison Burton rounding out the top five.
– #11-Justin Haley finished sixth, with #2-Myatt Snider, #1-Josh Berry, #02-Brett Moffitt and #98-Riley Herbst making up the rest of the top 10.
– Bell won both stages and now leads the series in career stage wins, with 31.
– There were five lead changes among four drivers and five cautions for 28 yellow flag laps.
-The average speed of the race was: 102.031 mph.
– Bommarito Automotive Group; Bommarito Automotive Group is celebrating its 50th year in the St. Louis marketplace, the Bommarito Automotive Group currently operates 20 automotive franchises throughout every St. Louis neighborhood led by president John Bommarito and the over 900 dedicated team members. Bommarito is recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as Missouri’s No. 1 selling automotive group and is currently ranked 52nd in the nation. What once started as a vision to have one Bommarito vehicle in every driveway, is today a reality thanks to the family’s ‘Where Price Sells Cars” mission.
For more information on the Bommarito Automotive Group or to see the vehicles they currently have in stock, visit them online at Bommarito.com, and follow their social channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship Standings:
After 19 events and the ninth event JAR was eligible for, JAR remains in the 32nd position in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Anderson’s 34th place finish on Saturday afternoon.
A driver TBA will behind the wheel of the Jordan Anderson Racing No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet Camaro SS when the NASCAR Xfinity Series returns to action in three weeks at Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York; Saturday, August 7, 2021. LIVE coverage will be on CNBC. Motor Racing Network (MRN), and SiriusXM Channel 90 at 4:00 P.M. EST.