Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Road America; July 2, 2022
Track: Road America – Road Course (4.048-Miles)
Race: Henry 180
Date: Saturday; July 2, 2022
Format; 45 Laps –10/10/25; 182.16 Miles
No. 31 Shore Lunch Chevrolet Camaro SS – Myatt Snider
Stage 1: 21
Stage 2: 28
Laps Completed: 24 of 48 (-24 Laps)
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 32; Snider would fall to back at start of race for changing RF tire from qualifying
- Lap 1: 28
- Lap 2: 28
- Lap 3: 30; Would lose position to No. 27 & No. 27 after over driving corner
- Lap 4: 30
- Lap 5: 29; No. 10 spins and falls back in the running order
- Lap 6: 27; No. 13 & No. 26 both pit under green flag
- Lap 7: 25; No. 4 & No. 39 both pit under green flag
- Lap 8: 25; Caution; No. 02 has brake issue and gets stuck in the gravel in Turn-5
- Lap 10: Stage 1 Finish: 21; Under Caution
Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 12: 7; Restart; Stayed on track, elected to not pit under stage break
- Lap 13: 8; Snider would fall back a position to the No. 26
- Lap 14: 12; Missing the mark on a corner the No. 1, No. 8, No. 7, & No. 07 would move past for position
- Lap 15: 12
- Lap 16: 18
- Lap 17: 26; Green Flag Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 18: 28
- Lap 19: 28
- Lap 20: Stage 2 Finish: 28
Final Stage Recap:
- Lap 23: 15; Restart; Stayed on track, elected to not pit under stage break
- Lap 24: 18; Caution; No. 9 & No. 45 make contact in the corner and the No. 9 spins No. 45 between turns 3 & 4 causing a 15-car pileup involving the No. 31, No. 48, No. 45, No. 9, No. 08, No. 02, No. 4, No. 10, No. 11, No. 44, No. 26, No. 48, No. 51, & No. 68. With all the dirt and smoke Snider would not see the No. 10 sitting across the race track. The No. 31 would make heavy contact with the No. 10 resulting enough damage to retire from the race and bring the car to the trailer on the tow-truck.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– On the final lap of an overtime finish, #54-Ty Gibbs snuck by #17-Kyle Larson to win the Xfinity Series race at Road America.The win is Gibbs’ fourth of the season and third career victory on a road course.
– In his first series start since 2018, #17-Larson finished second, despite leading a race-high 31 laps. #8-Josh Berry bettered his best ever finish on a road course in third, with #21-Austin Hill and #19-Brandon Jones rounding out the top five.
– The three-race winning streak on road courses came to an end for #16-AJ Allmendinger, finishing sixth. #98-Riley Herbst, #9-Noah Gragson, #51-Jeremy Clements and #39-Ryan Sieg filled out the top 10.
– #17-Larson swept both stages.
– There were nine lead changes among six drivers and five cautions for 12 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 74.621 mph.
Shore Lunch; For generations, fishing guides handed down their homemade recipe for fish batter. Beloved by fishermen and everyone alike, it became known as the Old Guide’s Secret™. Using this secret, today, Shore Lunch offers the perfect soup, breading and batter mixes to complement any meal or enrich the flavor of your favorite recipes. Rich and savory, all of our mixes are intended to make it easy for you to serve up delicious, homemade meals in a fraction of the time.
For more information on Shore Lunch and where to purchase visit ShoreLunch.com
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After being recorded in the 33rd position in the Henry 180 on Saturday at Road America driver Myatt Snider continues to hold the 18th position in the NXS Driver Point Standings thru 16 events.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the Henry 180 at Road America, JAR remains in the 21st position of the NXS Owner Point Standings after Snider’s 33rd place finish on Saturday afternoon.
Myatt Snider and Jordan Anderson Racing Boammarito Autosport No. 31 Chevrolet Camaro SS will return to Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday, July 9 for the second race of 2022 in the Alsco Uniforms 250.