Track: Martinsville Speedway– Oval (0.526-Miles)
Race: United Rentals 200
Date: October 30, 2021
Format: 200 Laps –50/50/100; 105.2 Miles
No. 3 Montage Mountain / Shelby Park Chevrolet Silverado – Sage Karam
Stage 1: 31
Stage 2: 23
Laps Completed: 200 of 204 (4 Laps of Overtime)
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
Stage Two Recap:
United Rentals 200 Recap:
– #21-Zane Smith won the United Rentals 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Martinsville Speedway Saturday afternoon in a dramatic overtime finish to advance to the final four championship deciding race next weekend at Phoenix Raceway.
– The win is his first win at Martinsville, first of the season, and third career win.
– #16-Austin Hill was second, followed by #15-Tanner Gray, #18-Chandler Smith, #88-Matt Crafton, #75-Parker Kligerman, #99-Ben Rhodes, #17-Taylor Gray, #2-Sheldon Creed and #56-Timmy Hill.
– Also advancing to the championship 4 playoff round: #99-Rhodes, #88-Crafton, and #4-John Hunter Nemechek.
– Pole-sitter #4-Nemechek wrecked out of the race on lap 130 after contact with the #22-Austin Wayne Self. The five-time race winner this season held his breath through the overtime to see how things would shake out in the points. He narrowly advanced to the final playoff round.
– #38-Todd Gilliland dominated the race, winning Stage 1 and Stage 2. He appeared to be on his way to the race victory before the caution flag fell on lap 198, pushing the race into overtime.
– Contact from #52-Stewart Friesen on the last lap handed the win to #21-Smith, as his two closes challengers fell out of the race. Gilliland led 133 of the 204 laps.
– There were 10 lead changes among 4 drivers and 13 cautions for 88 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was: 56.402mph.
– Montage Mountain; Montage Mountain is a locally-driven Ski Resort and Waterpark dedicated to delivering premier service and an excellent customer experience. Montage Mountain provides the steepest vertical drop ski resort in all of PA. With 27 trails, seven ski lifts, 15 lanes of tubing, and a full-service lodge equipped with Slocum Hollow Bar & Restaurant, Montage Mountain offers something for everyone! In the summer months, Montage Mountain transforms into an exhilarating water park. The resort is also home to the thrilling ZipRider, a 1/2-mile cable ride that lets you soar down the mountain reaching speeds over 50 mph. Guests can always find something fun happening at Montage Mountain, ranging from birthday parties and corporate outings to festivals, concerts, and much more.
You can learn more at www.montagemountainresorts.com.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship Standings:
After 21 events, JAR falls one position to 34th position in the NCWTS Owner Standings after Karam’s 32nd place finish on Saturday.
Team Owner/Driver Jordan Anderson will make his ninth NCWTS start of the 2021 season in the JAR No. 3 Chevrolet Silverado when the NCWTS moves to Phoenix Raceway for the season ending Lucas Oil 150; Friday, November 5. LIVE coverage will be on Fox Sports 1 (FS1), Motor Racing Network (MRN), and SiriusXM Channel 90 at 8:00 P.M. ET.