Track: Watkins Glen International – Road Course (2.454-Miles)
Race: Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey 200
Date: August 7, 2021
Format: 82 Laps –20/20/42; 200.9 Miles
No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet Camaro SS – Erik Jones
Stage 1: 12
Stage 2: 9
Laps Completed: 66
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
– Erik Jones would line up for the Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey 200 from the 36th position after the starting lineup was determined by the competition-based performance metrics system; fastest lap in the previous race 15 percent, driver finish from previous race 25 percent, owner points 25 percent, and driver points 35 percent.
– The start to the Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey 200 would be delayed to lightning in the area.
– As the green flag waved Jones wasted no time quickly advancing ten positions to 26th by the conclusion of Lap-1.
– On Lap-2 Jones was able to work his way past the No. 17 and No. 66 into the 24th spot.
– The first caution of the day would be displayed on Lap-4 when the No. 6 would lose control through the bus stop and make hard contact with the tire barrier.
– Running in the 23rd position Jones would remain on track and restart in 22nd on Lap-7.
– The second caution would be displayed on Lap-11 for the planned competition caution.
– Running in the 20th position Jones would remain on track with majority of the front running cars.
– On the restart Jones would move pass two more cars moving into 18th in the running order.
– By Lap-15 the No. 31 would work its way past the No. 1 and the No. 02 into 16th.
– Lap-18 the lead pack cars would pit early in hopes of flipping the stage.
– Jones would remain on track and pick up four positions in the process.
– At the completion of Stage 1 on Lap-20, Jones would cross the Green and White checkered flag in the 12thposition.
Stage Two Recap:
– During the Stage break Jones would be called to pit lane for a scheduled 4 tire and fuel stop with a small chassis adjustment. The Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet would line up in 19th for the re-start on Lap-24.
– As the race would resume Jones would continue to work his way pasts cars driving up to the 13th position by Lap-30.
– The fourth caution of the day would be displayed on Lap-34 when the No. 36 would stop on track. Jones would stay on track and restart in 10th.
– A Lap-36 would set-up a four-lap sprint to finish the second Stage.
– Working his way into 8th on Lap-38 Jones would remain there the final two laps to finish Stage-2 in that position.
– Under the stage break, Jones would come to pit lane for his second stop of the day as the over the wall crew would go to work with four tires, fuel, and a chassis adjustment. Jones would exit pit road to restart the final stage in the 22nd position.
– Lap-48 would see the sixth caution when the No. 5 would get into the tires out of the bus stop avoiding the slower No. 52.
– Running in the 17th position at the time of the caution Jones would be called to pit road to top off fuel and a small adjustment and would rejoin the field in 23rd for a Lap-50 restart.
– In five laps Jones was able to work his way back up to 15th by Lap-56 when the leaders would start to pit for their scheduled last stops of the day.
– By Lap-60 Jones work his way past three more cars into the 12th spot.
– The No. 19 would pit on Lap-65 allowing the No. 31 to move into 11th.
– The seventh caution of the day would be displayed on Lap-67 when Jones would lose brakes and slam the outside wall hard entering turn-6 coming to a rest in the nearby gravel trap.
– Damage on the No. 31 was to too severe to continue and would require a tow to the garage area out of competition.
– When the final checkered flag flew on Lap-82, Jones would be credited in the 36th position, six-teen laps down.
Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey 200 Recap:
– #54-Ty Gibbs won Saturday’s Xfinity Series race at Watkins Glen International. The win is Gibbs’ third victory of the season in 10 starts. The No. 54 car has nine victories on the season, having won 45% of all races run.
– #16-AJ Allmendinger finished second, while #22-Austin Cindric finished third. #7-Jusitn Allgaier and #20-Harrison Burtoun rounded out the top five.
– #19-Brandon Jones, #9-Noah Gragson, #10-Jeb Burton, #11-Justin Haley and #8-Sam Mayer made up the rest of the top 10.
– Cindric picked up his eighth stage victory of the season by winning the first stage. Allmendinger won his sixth stage, as he won the second stage.
– There were 12 lead changes among six drivers and eight cautions for 15 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was: 84.088 mph
– Bommarito Automotive Group; Bommarito Automotive Group is celebrating its 50th year in the St. Louis marketplace, the Bommarito Automotive Group currently operates 20 automotive franchises throughout every St. Louis neighborhood led by president John Bommarito and the over 900 dedicated team members. Bommarito is recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as Missouri’s No. 1 selling automotive group and is currently ranked 52nd in the nation. What once started as a vision to have one Bommarito vehicle in every driveway, is today a reality thanks to the family’s ‘Where Price Sells Cars” mission.
For more information on the Bommarito Automotive Group or to see the vehicles they currently have in stock, visit them online at Bommarito.com, and follow their social channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
– Tailored Media; At Tailored Media everything they do; they believe in challenging the status quo. They believe in thinking differently. The way Tailored Media changes the status quo is by combining human element and state of the art technology to construct strategies that are intricately designed, skillfully executed, and simply efficient. Tailored Media just happens to deliver great digital and traditional advertising. Find out more on what Tailored Media has to offer by visiting them online at TailoredMedia.com
NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship Standings:
After 20 events and the tenth event JAR has been eligible for, JAR falls to 33nd position in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Jones’s 36th place finish on Saturday afternoon.
IndyCar Veteran Sage Karam will make his NASCAR debut behind the wheel of the Jordan Anderson Racing No. 31 Montage Mountain Chevrolet Camaro SS when the NASCAR Xfinity Series visits the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course in Speedway, Indiana; Saturday, August 14, 2021. LIVE coverage will be on NBCSN. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network (IMS), and SiriusXM Channel 90 at 4:00 P.M. EST.