Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course – (2.439 – Miles)
Race: Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard; 62 Laps –20/20/22; 151.22 Miles
Date/Broadcast: August 14, 2021 4:00 PM ET
TV: NBCSN and the NBC Sports App
Radio: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network (IMS) – Check Local Listings for affiliate, and SiriusXM NASCAR Channel 90
Sage Karam – No. 31 Montage Mountain Chevrolet Camaro SS Preview- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
News and Notes:
– Practice; After the completion of the 50-minute practice session on Friday afternoon, Sage Karam would record a fastest lap of 93.281 at 94.129 mph on Lap-12 of his 13-lap session putting him 12th fastest of the 44 cars entered for the Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard.
– Starting Position; For the sixth time in 2021, qualifying will be held to set the 36-car starting field for the 62-lap Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard. NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Qualifying will consist of one round of multi-car qualifying for 25 minutes around the 2.439-mile road course. The fastest 12 cars will move on to round two for 10 minutes to decide the starting order of the first five rows. Qualifying will be shown LIVE on the NBC Sports App at 10:05 AM EST Saturday, August 13.
– Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course Stats; Saturday afternoon’s Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard will mark the second NXS event held on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) Road Course. Karam holds three starts to his credit at the IMS Road Course in IndyCar competition earning an average finish of 23.333, with a best of 23rd in 2020. In IMSA Sports Car competition during 2014 Karam would earn a second-place finish on the IMS Road Course. The Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard will be Karam’s NASCAR debut.
– Montage Mountain; Montage Mountain is a locally-driven Ski Resort and Waterpark dedicated to delivering premier service and an excellent customer experience. Montage Mountain provides the steepest vertical drop ski resort in all of PA. With 27 trails, seven ski lifts, 15 lanes of tubing, and a full-service lodge equipped with Slocum Hollow Bar & Restaurant, Montage Mountain offers something for everyone! In the summer months, Montage Mountain transforms into an exhilarating water park. The resort is also home to the thrilling ZipRider, a 1/2-mile cable ride that lets you soar down the mountain reaching speeds over 50 mph. Guests can always find something fun happening at Montage Mountain, ranging from birthday parties and corporate outings to festivals, concerts, and much more.
You can learn more at www.montagemountainresorts.com.
– Pro Resource Staffing Solutions; Pro Resources is a professional, clerical and light industrial employment agency in Indiana. They offer total employment packages from short-term and long-term staffing options to professional and technical staffing solutions. With over 30 years of experience let Pro Resources assist you in finding a career.
You can learn more at www.proresources.com.
– Chassis; Jordan Anderson Racing (JAR) will bring Chassis No. 104 for Karam to compete with in Saturday afternoon’s Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard. No. 104 last competed for JAR at Road America in the Henry 180 with Kaz Grala behind the wheel. In that race Grala would qualify 7th and finish 18th. Prior to that Josh Berry and Tyler Reddick would steer No. 104 to a pair of 8th place finishes at Circuit of the Americas and the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.