Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 31 NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Richmond Raceway; April 1, 2023
Track: Richmond Raceway– Oval (0.75-Mile)
Race: Toyota Care 250
Date: Saturday; April 1, 2023
Format; 250 Laps –75/75/100; 187.5 Miles
No. 31 FUNKAWAY Chevrolet Camaro SS – Parker Retzlaff
Stage 1: 26
Stage 2: 30
Laps Completed: 250 of 250
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
Stage Two Recap:
Final Stage Recap:
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– After leading a race-high 83 laps, #16-Chandler Smith went on to win the Xfinity Series Season race at Richmond Raceway. It’s the first win of his career — 10 starts — and second straight for Kaulig Racing.
– #20-John Hunter Nemechek overcame a pit strategy call that trapped him a lap down to finish second. #8-Josh Berry scored his best finish of the season in third. #26-Kaz Grala and #00-Cole Custer finished fourth and fifth — each scoring their first top-five finishes of the season.
– #2-Sheldon Creed placed sixth, with #39-Ryan Sieg, #48-Parker Kligerman, #21-Austin Hill and #10-Derek Kraus rounding out the top 10.
– #16-Smith won his first career stage in the opening stage, while #8-Berry earned his first stage win of the season in Stage 2.
– There were 10 lead changes among seven drivers and six cautions for 43 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 86.884 mph.
– FUNKAWAY; Headquartered in Waukegan, Illinois, FunkAway is a line of odor elimination products that removes the horrible effects of bad smells. Guaranteed to work on clothing, shoes, gear, pet products, car interiors and more, FunkAway allows customers to renew and refresh, rather than throw away.
To learn more about FunkAway, visit Funkaway.com and connect on Instagram and Facebook.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After finishing 16th during Saturday’s Toyota Care 250 at Richmond Raceway, Retzlaff advances two positions to 18th position in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Driver Point Standings after seven races.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the seventh event of the 2023 season, the No. 31 team advances one spot to 20st in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Retzlaff’s 16th place finish on Saturday.
Parker Retzlaff and the Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 31 team will have a week off to regroup before traveling the short distance to Martinsville, Virginia next week for more short-track racing. The Call811.com 250 will be contested; Sat., April 15 at 7:30 PM ET at the famed Martinsville Speedway.