Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 27 NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Richmond Raceway; April 1, 2023
Track: Richmond Raceway– Oval (0.75-Mile)
Race: Toyota Care 250
Date: Saturday; April 1, 2023
Format; 250 Laps –75/75/100; 187.5 Miles
No. 27 W. G. SPEEKS / Contractor Rewards Chevrolet Camaro SS – Jeb Burton
Stage 1: 19
Stage 2: 18
Laps Completed: 250 of 250
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
Stage Two Recap:
Final Stage Recap:
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– After leading a race-high 83 laps, #16-Chandler Smith went on to win the Xfinity Series Season race at Richmond Raceway. It’s the first win of his career — 10 starts — and second straight for Kaulig Racing.
– #20-John Hunter Nemechek overcame a pit strategy call that trapped him a lap down to finish second. #8-Josh Berry scored his best finish of the season in third. #26-Kaz Grala and #00-Cole Custer finished fourth and fifth — each scoring their first top-five finishes of the season.
– #2-Sheldon Creed placed sixth, with #39-Ryan Sieg, #48-Parker Kligerman, #21-Austin Hill and #10-Derek Kraus rounding out the top 10.
– #16-Smith won his first career stage in the opening stage, while #8-Berry earned his first stage win of the season in Stage 2.
– There were 10 lead changes among seven drivers and six cautions for 43 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 86.884 mph.
– W.G. SPEEKS; For more than 75 years, our family at W.G. SPEEKS has provided the most trusted and highest-rated full-service maintenance and repair of residential and commercial HVAC systems in the Greater Richmond Region. Since 1943, we’ve earned a reputation you can trust through hard work and a commitment to excellence. With expertise spanning three generations, we treat our valued customers like a member of the family. To obtain more information about W.G. SPEEKS visit them online at WGSPEEKS.com
– Contractor Rewards; Get rewarded for your business! Earn points for doing business with top-brand manufacturers of building products. It’s simple, it’s free — and it’s rewarding! ContractorRewards.com
– State Water Heaters; State Water Heaters is a leading manufacturer of commercial and residential water heaters. For more than 60 years, State Water Heaters has built dependable, long-lasting water heaters for commercial and residential applications. State remains fixed on manufacturing durable products that last longer. For more information, visit StateWaterHeaters.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After finishing in the 12th position during Saturday’s Toyota Care 250 at Richmond Raceway, Burton advances two spots to the 15th in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Driver Point Standings after seven races.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the seventh event of the 2023 season, the No. 27 team moves up two positions to 17th in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Burton’s 12th place finish on Saturday.
Jeb Burton and the Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport No. 27 team will have a week off to regroup before traveling the short distance to Martinsville, Virginia next week for more short-track racing. The Call811.com 250 will be contested; Sat., April 15 at 7:30 PM ET at the famed Martinsville Speedway.