Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Pocono Raceway; July 23, 2022
Track: Pocono Raceway – Tri-Oval (2.5-Miles)
Race: Explore the Pocono Mountains 225
Date: Saturday; July 23, 2022
Format; 90 Laps –20/20/50; 225 Miles
No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet Camaro SS – Myatt Snider
Stage 1: 18
Stage 2: 17
Laps Completed: 90 of 90
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 28
- Lap 1: 25; Opening lap would see Snider move around the No. 45, No. 38, & No. 36
- Lap 2: 25
- Lap 3: 25; Caution; No. 44 gets into the rear quarter of the No. 36 exiting Turn-3 sending both cars spinning into the inside wall causing heavy damage to both
- Lap 8: 22; Restart
- Lap 9: 19; Snider would move around the No. 51, No. 27, & No. 34 for position
- Lap 10: 18; The Bommarito No. 31 Chevrolet would earn another position moving past the No. 23
- Lap 11: 18
- Lap 12: 19; No. 1 takes the position away from Snider
- Lap 13: 18; Snider moves around the No. 02 to regain the spot
- Lap 14: 18
- Lap 15: 18
- Lap 16: 18
- Lap 17: 18
- Lap 18: 18
- Lap 19: 18
- Lap 20: Stage 1 Finish: 18
Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 22: Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 25: 14; Restart
- Lap 26: 16; No. 1 & No. 26 work around Snider to take away the position
- Lap 27: 15; Snider moves around No. 26 to take the spot back
- Lap 28: 18; Snider drops track position to the No. 26, No. 34, & No. 27
- Lap 29: 17; No. 31 battles back and moves back around No. 27
- Lap 30: 17
- Lap 31: 17
- Lap 32: 17
- Lap 33: 18; No. 98 moves around Snider to take the spot
- Lap 34: 18
- Lap 35: 17; Snider advances a position moving around the No. 23
- Lap 36: 17
- Lap 37: 17
- Lap 38: 17
- Lap 39: 17
- Lap 40: Stage 2 Finish: 17
Final Stage Recap:
- Lap 46: 3; Restart; Scheduled to restart in the third position after staying on the track during the caution period, Snider would pull out of line and head to pit road coming to the green flag after reporting a flat right rear tire.
- Lap 46: Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel & adjustment
- Lap 47: 35; Red Flag; No. 26 gets sideways on the exit of Turn-3 and collects the No. 48. No. 27 tries to avoid the two cars and gets squeezed into the inside wall and flips on his roof sliding down the track. No. 51 & No. 77 also receive damage. 8:28 red flag.
- Lap 48: Pit Stop; Parked in the No. 31 pit stall under the red flag, the team would go to work repairing a broken right rear brake rotor cover once the race returned to yellow flag conditions.
- Lap 50: 28; Restart
- Lap 51: 25;
- Lap 52: 26;
- Lap 53: 26; Caution; No. 18 spins in Turn-1 after getting loose under the No. 10 receives heavy damage backing into the wall
- Lap 54: Pit Stop; Fuel only, +12 on pit road
- Lap 56: 12; Restart
- Lap 57: 14; On the restart Snider drops two positions to the No. 34 & No. 16
- Lap 58: 16; Stuck in the bottom lane Snider drops two more spots to the No. 21 & No. 10 cars
- Lap 59: 16
- Lap 60: 17; No. 07 makes a move on the outside of Snider for position
- Lap 61: 17
- Lap 62: 17
- Lap 63: 18; No. 39 makes a move around the No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet
- Lap 64: 18
- Lap 65: 18
- Lap 66: 17; No. 23 falls back a position to the No. 31
- Lap 67: 17
- Lap 68: 17
- Lap 69: 16; No. 19 pits from seventh with a vibration advancing Snider a position
- Lap 70: 15; Snider moves around No. 02 to overtake the spot
- Lap 71: 15
- Lap 72: 15
- Lap 73: 15
- Lap 74: 15
- Lap 75: 15
- Lap 76: 15
- Lap 77: 15
- Lap 78: 15
- Lap 79: 15
- Lap 80: 14; Snider takes the position from the slower No. 39
- Lap 81: 14
- Lap 82: 14
- Lap 83: 14
- Lap 84: 14
- Lap 85: 14
- Lap 86: 14
- Lap 87: 14
- Lap 88: 14
- Lap 89: 14
- Lap 90: Race Finish: 14
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– When taking the lead with 22 laps remaining, #9-Noah Gragson went on to hold off #54-Ty Gibbs to win the Explore the Pocono Mountains 225 Xfinity Series race at Pocono Raceway. It’s Gragson’s first triumph at Pocono, while earning his third checkered flag of the season.
– #54-Gibbs finished second, despite trading paint with #9-Gragson on the final lap. #8-Josh Berry finished third, with #16-AJ Allmendinger and #2-Sheldon Creed rounding out the top five.
– #1-Sam Mayer placed sixth, with #7-Justin Allgaier, #21-Austin Hill, #11-Daniel Hemric and #07-Cole Custer completing the top 10.
– #7-Allgaier picked up his sixth stage win of the season by winning the first stage. #9-Gragson earned his series-high seventh stage win in Stage 2.
– There were nine lead changes among eight drivers and five cautions for 18 yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 123.438 mph.
– Bommarito Automotive Group; A primary supporter of Jordan Anderson Racing, Bommarito Automotive Group is celebrating 50 years in the St. Louis marketplace, the Bommarito Automotive Group currently operates 20 automotive franchises throughout every St. Louis neighborhood led by president John Bommarito and the over 900 dedicated team members. Bommarito is recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as Missouri’s No. 1 selling automotive group and is currently ranked 52nd in the nation. What once started as a vision to have one Bommarito vehicle in every driveway, is today a reality thanks to the ‘Where Price Sells Cars” mission.
– EasyCare/ APCO Holdings; Since 1984, EasyCare has been helping some of the most successful dealerships in the nation drive results in their stores with a full suite of F&I products, forward-thinking training, dealership development, consultative participation programs, and a best-in-class claims experience. EasyCare has the only F&I products named a “MotorTrend Recommended Best Buy” for franchised dealers and has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. EasyCare is part of the APCO Holdings, LLC, a family of brands, which has protected over 11 million customers and paid over $3.5 billion in claims.
– Tailored Media; At Tailored Media everything they do; they believe in challenging the status quo. They believe in thinking differently. The way Tailored Media changes the status quo is by combining human element and state of the art technology to construct strategies that are intricately designed, skillfully executed, and simply efficient. Tailored Media just happens to deliver great digital and traditional advertising. Find out more on what Tailored Media has to offer by visiting them online at TailoredMedia.com
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After finishing in the 14th position in the Explore the Pocono Mountains 225 on Saturday at Pocono Raceway, Myatt Snider advances one position to 18th in the NXS Driver Point Standings thru 19 events.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the completion of the Explore the Pocono Mountains 225 at Pocono Raceway, JAR moves ahead to 22nd in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Snider’s 14th place finish on Saturday afternoon.
Myatt Snider and Jordan Anderson Racing Boammarito Autosport No. 31 Chevrolet Camaro SS will next move to the road course of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Pennzoil 150 on Saturday, July 30.