Jordan Anderson Racing NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Circuit of the Americas; May 22, 2021
Track: Circuit of the Americas- Road Course (3.41 Miles)
Race: Pit Boss 250
Date: May 22, 2021
Format: 46 Laps –14/16/16; 156.86 Miles
No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet Camaro SS – Tyler Reddick
Stage 1: 2
Stage 2: 23
Laps Completed: 46 of 46
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
– Reddick would start the Pit Boss 250 from the 5th position after a great qualifying effort in the rain. Reddick would complete Round 1 of Qualifying in the 7th position with a time of 2:43:468 to earn a spot in the Final Round. As rain and very wet track conditions continued to plague the entire qualifying session Reddick would prove his extra practice on the road courses would may off running a 2:41:52 in the Final Round to stack up 5thfastest.
– All cars were allowed to come down pit road after the initial pace laps to change tires from qualifying. All teams would choose to switch from the Goodyear Eagle Wet tire to the Goodyear Eagle Slick as the track had become dry enough in most locations.
– As the green flag waved and the cars hurled up the hill towards Turn-1, Reddick would get shuffled back to the 8th spot at the exit of the first turn and would remain there until being able to move past No. 36- Labbe on Lap-6 to move into the seventh position.
– Reddick would remain in the seventh position until the caution would wave on Lap-11. All of the leaders would pit except for AJ Allmendinger and Reddick they would elect to stay on track and take their chances on earning Stage points.
– On the restart Reddick would follow leader Allmendinger to compete the green-white-checkered and finish Stage 1 in the 2nd position.
– With a Second-place stage finish the No. 31 would earn 9 valuable bonus points towards the Owner’s Championship Point Standings.
Stage Two Recap:
-At the stage break, Reddick would come to pit lane for four new Goodyear wet tires, fuel, and an adjustment. During the pit stop the jack would fall costing the team a few valuable seconds and track position. Reddick would restart in the 24th position.
-Not wasting anytime Reddick would advance to the 16th position by Lap-19.
– Moving past car after car to the 12th spot by Lap-25, Reddick would pit early before the end of the stage similar to what the leaders did in Stage 1.
– After a green flag pitstop for Four Tires, Fuel and an Adjustment Reddick would blind back into the field in the 23rd position.
– With just four laps remaining, Reddick would remain in the 23rd position when the green-checkered flag waved on lap 30.
-Under the stage break, Crew Chief Arthur Haire would elect for Reddick to remain on track after already pitting just four laps prior. The decision would earn the No. 31 Bommarito Chevrolet valuable track position.
-Restarting in the 15th position with only 15-Laps left Reddick knew he would need quickly advance positions, and quickly advance is what he did moving to 13th in just four laps and to 9th just two laps later.
-When the checkered flag flew on Lap-46, Reddick would cross the line in the 8th position. Giving JAR its first top-ten finish in the NXS, and the valuable points needed to be one step closer to making the Top-40 in the owner’s point standings.
Pit Boss 250 Recap:
– Kyle Busch captured his first NXS victory of 2021 and ninety-eighth of his NXS career beating #16- AJ Allmendinger by 11-seconds. #7- Justin Allgaier, #5- Kevin Harvick and #22- Austin Cindric rounded out the top five.
– #20-Harrison Burton, #17-Cole Custer, #31-Tyler Reddick (first start for Jordan Anderson Racing), #11-Justin Haley and #10-Jeb Burton made up the rest of the top 10.
– There were six lead changes among five drivers and four cautions for seven yellow flag laps.
– Bommarito Automotive Group; Bommarito Automotive Group is celebrating its 50th year in the St. Louis marketplace, the Bommarito Automotive Group currently operates 20 automotive franchises throughout every St. Louis neighborhood led by president John Bommarito and the over 900 dedicated team members. Bommarito is recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as Missouri’s No. 1 selling automotive group and is currently ranked 52nd in the nation. What once started as a vision to have one Bommarito vehicle in every driveway, is today a reality thanks to the family’s ‘Where Price Sells Cars” mission.
For more information on the Bommarito Automotive Group or to see the vehicles they currently have in stock, visit them online at Bommarito.com, and follow their social channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship Standings:
After 11 events and the first event JAR could compete in with qualifying being held, JAR jumps up 4 spots to 41st in the NXS Owner Standings after Reddicks’s 8th place finish on Saturday afternoon.
Tyler Reddick will be back behind the wheel of the Jordan Anderson Racing No. 31 Bommarito Automotive Group Chevrolet Camaro SS when the NASCAR Xfinity Series returns to the track Saturday, May 29, 2021, for the Alsco Uniforms 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. LIVE coverage will be on Fox Sports 1 (FS1), Performance Racing Network (PRN), and SiriusXM at 1:00 P.M. EST.