Jordan Anderson Racing Bommarito Autosport NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Report – Circuit of the Americas; March 26, 2022
Track: Circuit of the Americas– Road Course (3.426-Miles)
Race: Pit Boss 250
Date: March 26, 2022
Format; 46 Laps –14/16/16; 156 Miles
No. 31 TaxSlayer Chevrolet Camaro SS – Myatt Snider
Stage 1: 11
Stage 2: 31
Laps Completed: 46 of 46
Laps Led: 0
Stage One Recap:
- Start: 21
- Lap 1: 20
- Lap 2: 18; Gained position on the No. 51 & No. 26
- Lap 3: 18
- Lap 4: 18
- Lap 5: 19; Dropped a position to the No. 26
- Lap 6: 19
- Lap 7: 19
- Lap 8: 19
- Lap 9: 18; Moved around the No. 23
- Lap 10: 18
- Lap 11: 15; Green flag pit stops begin
- Lap 12: 12
- Lap 13: 11
- Lap 14: Stage 1 Finish: 11
Stage Two Recap:
- Lap 16: Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel, & adjustment
- Lap 17: 19; Restart
- Lap 18: 20; Lost a position to the No. 68
- Lap 19: 32; Develop electrical issues have to switch to backup battery
- Lap 20: 29; Gains position on No. 54, No. 99, & No. 28
- Lap 21: 29
- Lap 22: 28; Advances around the No. 44 who spins around
- Lap 23: 28
- Lap 24: 28
- Lap 25: 28: Snider Spins the No. 31 TaxSlayer Chevrolet around and keeps going
- Lap 27; Green Flag Pit Stop; Four tires, fuel & adjustment, pull left front fender out
- Lap 28: 34
- Lap 29: 33
- Lap 30: Stage 2 Finish: 33
Final Stage Recap:
- Lap 32: 18; Restart
- Lap 34: 16; Caution; Debris in Turn-9
- Lap 36: 18; Restart
- Lap 38: 18; Caution; Debris
- Lap 40: 14; Restart
- Lap 41: 9
- Lap 42: 8; Moved around the No. 48
- Lap 43: 6; Moved around the No. 1, No. 27 given a penalty for cutting the course stop and go
- Lap 44: 5; No. 51 given a penalty for cutting course stop and go
- Lap 45: 5
- Lap 46: 6; Finish; Passed by the No. 1 exiting the last turn coming to the line
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race Recap:
– For the seventh time in his Xfinity Series career, #16-AJ Allmendinger won on a road course. The victory extends his series record for most wins on a road course in series history.
– #21-Austin Hill was the highest finishing rookie in second, his third top-two finish in six races this season. #07-Cole Custer rebounded to finish third after speeding on pit road. JR Motorsports drivers #9-Noah Gragson and #1-Sam Mayer rounded out the top five.
– #31-Myatt Snider earned his best finish of the season in sixth, as #02-Brett Moffitt, #48-Jade Buford, #88-Miguel Paludo and #2-Sheldon Creed made up the rest of the top 10.
– Allmendinger and Mayer won the two stages. Both of those drivers, Hill and Gragson will compete for the $100,000 Dash 4 Cash bonus next weekend at Richmond.
– There were eight lead changes among five drivers and four cautions for eight yellow flag laps.
– The average speed of the race was 70.640 mph.
– TaxSlayer; TaxSlayer is an easy-to-use online tax filing platform with unlimited support at a fraction of the cost of the competition. Trusted for over 50 years, the Augusta-based tech company successfully completed more than 10 million federal and state e-filed tax returns in 2021 and processed $15 billion in refunds. With over 15,000 reviews on consumer review site Trustpilot, 85% of customers rate TaxSlayer Great or Excellent. On top of ensuring 100% accuracy, TaxSlayer has a maximum refund guarantee and is committed to providing the right tools at the right price. For more information, visit www.taxslayer.com.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Point Standings:
After claiming a season best 6th place finish in the Pit Boss 250 at COTA driver Myatt Snider advances six positions to 20th position in the NXS Driver Point Standings.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Owners Point Standings:
After the sixth event of the 2022 season, JAR jumps ahead four positions to the 25th in the NXS Owner Point Standings after Snider’s 6th place finish on Saturday.
Myatt Snider and No. 31 TaxSlayer Chevrolet Camaro SS will move back east to the Richmond Raceway on Saturday, March 26, 2022 for the first short track race of the season.